Did you know that around 30% of the population admit that they never pose for photos with an open-mouthed smile because they are embarrassed by their teeth? Not having what might be deemed as a ‘Hollywood smile’ can be something that really affects a person’s self-confidence and self-worth, but thankfully in this age of modern dentistry, it isn’t a problem that you have to continue to suffer. Veneers aren’t a new innovation, but they remain the best and most accessible answer to the problem of a less than desirable smile. Here is some information about what veneers actually are, and the benefits of visiting a veneer dentist in Burbank.
• So firstly, what are veneers? Veneers are a thin sliver of material applied directly to the teeth to create a natural and unblemished smile, whilst at the same time providing protection and resilience for the natural tooth enamel that they are covering. They are custom made to fit the specific contours of the individual’s mouth and are directly bonded to the existing teeth’s enamel.
• Veneers can be made from resin or porcelain. They can be applied to single or multiple teeth or as a full mouth set to provide a complete transformation of how the teeth look. If the veneers can be applied without the dentist having to do anything to the structure of the teeth in preparation, these types of veneers are called Lumineers.
Any veneer dentist in Burbank will tell you the best type are porcelain veneers. There are several advantages and these include, but are not limited to:
• They give a regular tooth appearance that will look entirely natural to onlookers, even at the closest of angles. If you are not having a full set of veneers, the dentist will make a big effort to match up the look and color of your veneers to the overall look and color of the rest of your teeth.
• The fact that gum tissue is able to tolerate the presence of veneers with pretty much no effect is a great advantage to getting veneers. You don’t have to worry about any kind of allergic reaction or irritation because the porcelain and the gum tissue interacts well together.
• Porcelain is a material that is incredibly resistant to staining so you don’t have to worry about substances that can stain teeth such coffee, red wine and tea.
• Porcelain is robust and durable. You can expect porcelain veneers to last up to 25 years.
• Generally, the procedure doesn’t require any extensive shaping or overly invasive surgery even though a few visits to the cosmetic dentist are required.
If you think that you need the assistance and expertise of a veneer dentist in Burbank, then make sure to do your research and find a practice that is well reputed and popular. Somewhere, like, for example, the Burbank Dentist is a great choice, as they are constantly being cited as one of the best dental surgeries in the area.